The Spinning Wheel|
Posting Number 2719 Date: 05/24/17 Return to Posting List
In June of 1948 Minnie Watson Kamm visited Mr. Carder at his Studio in Corning for purposes of writing a chapter for a book she was authoring. James Drumright sent along copies of The Spinning Wheel magazine, the first article which appeared in the October 1949 issue and was entitled 'Aurene Glass'. Hopefully, some highlights willl be of interest.
"The word 'Aurene' was permanently marked in blank ink under glaze or scratched into the glass, although some of the product escaped unmarked. Still other items bore large triangular brown paper labels.
"Sometimes a set of six goblets, lamp shades, finger bowls, etc., carried a label permanent or transient on a single item of the set, the rest unmarked.
"Some of the glass is permanently marked 'Steuben' rather than 'Aurene' and it was marked at the same time in the same plant."
Return to Posting List